- 4-hour Emirati art and culture tour of old Dubai, with an expert guide
- Explore the Al Bastakiya and Al Fahidi quarters, Dubai’s oldest areas
- View the courtyards and wind towers and learn how the towers circulate cool breezes
- Admire Emirati and international art at the area’s boutique galleries
- Enjoy a Q&A session over Arabic drinks and dates at the Sheikh Mohammed Cultural Centre
- Visit the Gold Souk and Women’s Museum to learn how women have shaped Emirati culture
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people ensures more personalized attention from a guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Hop out of your air-conditioned vehicle and see the mud-brick wind tower houses and courtyards that characterize the area. Visit some local art galleries that showcase Emirati and international art and culture, such as the Majlis Gallery and XVA Art Gallery Hotel. View the colorful art and crafts on show, and soak up the traditional courtyard settings that recall the area's Persian mercantile heritage.
Continue to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding, and enjoy a walking tour around the Al Fahidi historic district. Delve into the narrow lanes and hear about the area’s Persian-inspired wind towers — designed to capture and direct cool breezes down into the buildings’ interiors.
Head inside the beautiful Diwan Mosque to admire its Islamic calligraphy and plays on Fatimid architecture, and then return to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for a fascinating question and answer session. Take a seat and enjoy some reviving Arabic tea, coffee and dates as you ask local experts anything you wish about Emirati life, architecture and culture.
Afterward, travel to the bustling Gold Souk in Deira. See the glittering gold, silver and jewelry outlets crammed into the maze-like lanes, and pay a visit to the nearby Women’s Museum. Admire the art, exhibits and multimedia displays, and learn how women have helped to shape Emirati society, culture and arts down the centuries.
After around four hours’ exploring, your tour concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- TOUR DEPARTURE TIME: Tour starts @ 09:00 hrs.
- DURATION : Approximately 4 hours
- CHILDREN POLICY : Discount 30% up to 11.99 years
- LANGUAGES: Tour is operated with guide in ENGLISH .
- CANCELLATION: Cancel Free of charge Up-to 72 hours from date of service local Time, after that full charge.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line UAE & OMAN
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Walking Tour: Emirati Art and Cultural Tour From Dubai.